Around the state, there will be a number of midnight openings for the final Harry Potter film. Here’s a list of where you can see it. Keep in mind that a lot of these places might sell out – or have already sold out.
Paramount Theater, Barre. Tickets avaliable: http://www.fgbtheaters.com/
Palace Nine, Burlington. Sold Out.
Essex Cimemas, Essex. Sold Out.
Majestic 10, Williston. Sold Out.
Merrill Roxy Theater, Burlington. Sold Out.
Bijou Cineplex 4, Morrisville. Sold Out.
Star Theater of St. Johnsbury. Tickets avaliable.
Flagship Cinemas, Rutland. Tickets avaliable: http://www.flagshipcinemas.com/rutland/
Big Picture Theater, Waitsfield. Tickets avaliable: http://www.bigpicturetheater.info/
Stowe Cinema 3 Plex, Stowe. Sold Out.
Sunset Drivein, Colchester. Tickets avaliable: http://www.sunsetdrivein.com/
Welden Theater, St. Albans. Tickets avaliable: http://www.weldentheatre.com/Welden_Theatre/Home.html
Village Picture Shows, Manchester Center. Tickets Avaliable: http://villagepictureshows.com/
Cinema 7, Bennington. Tickets avaliable: http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=4799&rdate=7%2F14%2F2011&sortid=1
We’re running a little late, watching the STS-135 mission, but here’s what’s going on in Vermont today:
- Benefit Book Sale. After 3 p.m., fill a bag for $5. Proceeds support the purchase of a bookmobile for the Milton Public Library. 9AM–5PM, 117 East Rd., Milton. Free. (Books)
- Book Sale, 9:30AM–5:30PM, Stowe Free Library, Stowe. Free. (Books)
- Name That Movie!, 5–6PM, The CineClub, Savoy Theater, Montpelier. $2.50. (Movies)
- Suspension 101, 6–7:30PM, Onion River Sports, Montpelier. Free. (Bikes)
- ‘Frankenstein and Friends’, 6:30PM, Staige Hill Farm, Charlotte. Free. (Kids)
- High School Book Group, 4:30–5:15PM, Fletcher Free Library, Burlington. Free. (Teens)
- ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’, 8PM, Montpelier City Hall Auditorium, Montpelier. $10-30. (Theater)
- FNM – Friday Night Magic – Type 2 / Standard – $8 Entry Fee, 6pm – 11pm, Quarterstaff Games, Burlington. (Gaming)
- Fossils, 3:00 p.m., Monshire Museum of Science, Norwich. (Kids)
- Connecticon, Jul 8 – 10, 2011, Hartford, CT (Conventions)
- Planetarium presentation, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, Fairbanks Museum, St. Johnsbury. $5/person (Astronomy)
- Friday Night Magic — Constructed, 6pm – 10pm, The Gamer’s Grotto, Bennington. (Gaming)
A bright orange rocketship was stolen off the side of the Route 100 in Stowe on Monday.
The 6 foot tall rocket was part of the Helen Day Art Center’s Exposed Art Exibit, part of 23 sculptures from around the world. The rocket was displayed in a tree, and according to the Burlington Free Press, would have required a significant effort to cut down. The authorities have been alerted, (but, if you happen to see a large, bright orange rocket art sculpture, let them know!)
The sculpture, valued at around $2000, is the result of several months of work on the part of artist Matt Neckers, and was scheduled for relocation soon.
Source Source Source