Something that missed the tidbits this morning: Norwich University is screening the lastest installment of the Harry Potter franchise, Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1, tonight and tomorrow night at 9PM in Dole Auditorium. If you haven’t seen it, it’s the only good Harry Potter movie out there – well worth watching!
- M.O.V.E. Book Sale, 10AM–6PM, Alliot Student Center, St. Michael’s College, Colchester. Free. (Books)
- ‘Name That Movie!’, 5–6PM, The CinéClub, Savoy Theater, Montpelier. $2.50. (Films)
- Daily Design Challenge, 12PM, ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center, Burlington. Regular admission, $8.50-10.50; free for kids 2 and under. (Kids)
- Family Movie – Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 6:30–8:15PM, Brownell Library, Essex Junction. Free. (Movies)
- Kids Movie – Despicable Me, 3PM, Dorothy Alling Memorial Library, Williston. Free. (Movies)
- ‘Puzzles, Puzzles, Puzzles!’, 8:30AM–6PM, Fletcher Free Library, Burlington. Free. (Puzzles)
- Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds – “Using fMRI to Study Cognitive Fatigue in Persons With Multiple Sclerosis and Traumatic Brain Injury.”, 10:30–11:45AM , Davis Auditorium, Medical Education Center Pavilion, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington. Free. (Science)
- Jude Scarl – The Mountain Birdwatch project, 7–8:30PM, Unitarian Church, Montpelier. Donations accepted. (Talk)
- Paige Rinker – “From Symmetry Comes Simplicity: Using Abstract Algebra to Simplify Analysis of Voting Data.” 3:45PM, Room 202, St. Edmund’s Hall, St. Michael’s College, Colchester. Free. (Math)
- Roberta Harold – “Vermont and New York in the Gilded Age: The Historical Roots of Heron Island.” 2PM, Faith United Methodist Church, South Burlington. $5. (History)
- Wendell Potter – How Corporate PR is Killing Health Care and Deceiving Americans discusses the health-insurance industry, 7–8:30PM, Burlington City Hall Auditorium, Burlington. Free. (Health Care)
- ‘Antigone’, 8PM, FlynnSpace, Burlington. $20; $10 for Champlain College staff with ID; free for Champlain College students with ID. (Theater)
- ‘Complete Hollywood: Abridged’, 7:30PM, Lake Placid Center for the Arts, Lake Placid. $12-14. (Film)
- ‘Eurydice’, 8PM, Moore Theater, Hopkins Center, Dartmouth College, Hanover. $5-16. (Theater)
- ”Star Trek’ Live’, 2PM, 7PM, Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center, Stowe Mountain Resort, Stowe. $13-20. (Star Trek)
- Felding Winter Ball, Barony of Carolingia – Wellesley, MA (SCA)
- FNM – Friday Night Magic – Type 2 / Standard – $8 Entry Fee, 6pm – 11pm, Quarterstaff Games, Burlington. (Gaming)
- Theoretical & Applied Physics Colloquium – “Chemical Effects” in Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS), 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Lafayette Hall L207, UVM, Burlinton. (Physics)
Monshire Museum of Science, Norwich:
- 11:30 a.m. Leaf Cutter Ants The Leafcutter ant colony is a community of “insect fungus farmers” that grows its own food. Help provide the colony with its morning supply of leaves and get a close look at these amazing insects.
- 3:00 p.m. Optical Illusions Play tricks on your brain and eyes while discovering that things are not always as they appear.
- Ruth Messinger Lecture, Global Hunger 2011 and Our Role as Global Citizens, 12:15 – 1:30pm, Robert A. Jones ’59 Conference Room, Middlebury College, Middlebury. (Poverty)
- Total Confusion 25, Feb 24 – 27 2011, Mansfield, MA (Conventions)
- “China Comes to Norwich” Faculty Lecture Series – “The World Comes to Shanghai: The Architecture of Expo 2010”, 12-12:50pm, Chaplin Hall, Norwich University, Northfield. (Architecture)
- The Very UnMerry Adventures of Robin Hood, 5:30pm, Lost Nation Theater, Montpelier. $5, 229-0492.(Theater)
- Star Party at GMO, 7:30pm-11:00pm, Weather permitting, Green Mountian Observatory, Observatory Road, Hinesburg, VT
- (Call Jack St. Louis 802-658-0184 (H), 802-656-1287 or Paul Walker 802-388-4220 (H), 802-861-8640 for more information) (Astronomy)
- Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention, Feb 25 – 27 2011, Oswego, NY (Gaming)
- Westford Strategy Board Gaming, 6pm – 11pm, Westford Public Library, Westford. (Gaming)
- Friday Night Magic — Constructed, 6pm – 10pm, The Gamer’s Grotto, Bennington. (Gaming)
Kevin Orosz of Graffiti Playhouse Productions will meet with actors, zombie actors, local residents seeking to provide support and any business owners looking to sponsor the production of his zombie film at the Ten Acres Lodge in Stowe today, February 18th from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Principal photography of the film, Blood Lodge, takes place in Vermont March 14th to 20th of this year, both at the Ten Acres Lodge and surrounding environs of Stowe.
[via Craigslist, blog @ Ten Acres Lodge]