A while ago, we did a listing of all comic book and gaming stores here in Vermont, coming up with a pretty good list. Now, we’d like to take a look at another type of game location: the venerable Arcade. With the recent opening of Tilt in South Burlington, Arcades and gaming have been at the forefront of our minds lately, and we’d be interested in seeing what exists here in the state.
Once we have a good list, we’ll update our VT Geek Directory. We’re going to define an ‘Arcade’ as having 3 or more games.
Here’s what we’ve got thus far:
- Jim’s Arcade, Bellows Falls. Status: Unknown.
- Twin City Family Fun Center, Berlin. Looks to be newish games. Games: Unknown. Status: Active.
- Three Needs, Burlington. Three arcade games. Games: Unknown. Status: Active.
- Lone Pine Campgrounds, Colchester. Located on a campsite. Games: Unknown. Status: Active.
- Spare Time Colchester & City Sports Grille, Colchester. Bowling alley with additional games. Status: Active
- Essex Cinemas, Essex. Games: “few pinball games and a few arcade cabinets” Status: Active.
- Elevation 1851 Family Arcade, Jay Peak Resort, Jay. “And well, arcade-ours has the most advanced/state-of-the art video, 3D and ride simulator games the industry offers.” Status: Active.
- JAX Food & Games, Killington. Games: Unknown. Status: Active.
- Sam’s Woodfired Pizza, Manchester. “has a few old arcade machines”. Games Deer Hunter + others.
- Whirlie’s World, Middlebury. Games: Unknown.
- Wow! Arcade, Rutland. ‘Decent mix of old and new.’ Games: Arkanoid, Ms. Pac Man. Status: Active.
- Pizza Putt, South Burlington.
- Tilt Classic Arcade and Ale House, South Burlington. Barcade with classic selection. Games: Cabal, 1942, Galaga, Cruis’n – USA, Asteroids, WWF Superstars, Rastan, Mortal Combat II, Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Altered Beast, Robotron 2084, Golden Axe, Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja, Pac Man, Centipede, Golden Tee Golf. Status: Active.
- Mulligans, Stratton. “has a pretty decent size arcade, although I haven’t been in a few years, I believe it still exists.” Status: Unknown.
- Holiday Inn Express, Springfield. Games: California Speed, Revolution X, Twilight Zone, Vapor TRX. Status: Active.
- Majestic 10, Williston. Some games. Status: Active.
Service and Repairs:
- Jake Blend (Independent Contractor), Burlington. Email: jakeblend[at]gmail.com
- Green Mountain Game Rooms, Richmond.
- High Score Arcade Repairs, Brattleboro.
We’re interested in seeing what we’ve missed on this list, and what should be added. We’re also particularly interested in seeing what arcades existed in Vermont in the past (I particularly remember one in the University Mall in South Burlington.)